Good mediators are “works in progress,” constantly improving their skills and integrating additional techniques into daily practice. Maxine Aaronson annually attends advanced skills training sessions focused on issues such as breaking impasse, gaining trust, improving outcomes, managing confidentiality issues in multi-party disputes and overcoming barriers to settlement. In addition, she has attended the following intensive multi-day workshops:
- Mediation Workshop, Program of Instruction for Lawyers, Harvard Law School
- Basic Mediator Training, Attorney-Mediator Institute, Inc.
- Negotiation Workshop, Program of Instruction for Lawyers, Harvard Law School
- Advanced Negotiation Workshop, State Bar of Texas Professional Development Program
- Negotiating Tradeoffs and Looking for Trade Ups, Lincoln Institute for Land Policy
In addition to attending training programs as participant, Ms. Aaronson is a frequent presenter at the ABA Section of Dispute Resolution’s Annual Conference. She has contributed a chapter to Volume II of the Section’s publication, the Creative Problem Solver’s Handbook for Negotiators and Mediators, published in December of 2005.